Sunday, March 28, 2010

RedBox Rudeness

RedBox, in many ways, answered my prayers: access to new movies, for a minimal rental price, quite literally at my fingertips. Not only this, but the process is quick, easy, and stress-free. Someone should probably tell that to the guy I encountered this weekend at my local Stop & Shop.

This weekend was not one of my healthiest. Saturday (and Sunday for that matter) was spent in a blur of napping, watching television, and self-medicating. In between naps, I did manage to run a few errands, one of which was supposed to be returning my latest RedBox rental so I wouldn't be charged the excess fees. Like I always do when I am merely returning, I pulled my car up to the curb near the Stop & Shop entrance and ran inside to return my movie. Unfortunately, there were 3 people in line when I came in, one of which was finishing up and his DVD was being vended.

At this point, I was feeling much sicker than a few hours prior and it felt like I was swimming in my own head; I just wanted to return my movie and return to my bed. As the next guy in line started to step toward the machine, I asked politely if he would mind me jumping in to return my movie (which quite literally takes 3 seconds) because I didn't park my car and it just takes a second. I saw his lips move and I heard him speak but it was one of those moments where your brain registers the message after someone is already done talking. Soon enough, his words made their way to my ears and I realized he had actually said no - "No, I've been waiting for this for a long time" to be exact. Without an "I'm sorry" or even an apologetic shake of the head, he flat out shut me down! Completely taken aback by this type of rudeness, I didn't quite know what to say. So, I did what any other tough cookie in my case would do...I narrowed my eyes, and with an "Are you kidding me?" tone, said "Uhhhhhh, okay.." and walked out (such a badass).

Needless to say, my movie did not get returned for another 2 days and that jerk owes me $2.

No comments:

Post a Comment